Sunday, December 6, 2015

Lights go out

Blackout

Blackout. I'm 5 the lights go off. The power goes out. All I know is the safety of my mom's arms. I run to her... scared that if I don't make it to her in time. The creatures will circle me and take me away forever. All I knew is I hate when the lights would turn off. I hated Blackouts.


Blackout. 6'3" 290 lbs of pure muscle with a killer mentality... smashed his frame into my own 185 pound frame. Over 100 lbs bigger than me. Knocked me into the next life. I laid there. lifeless. unmoving. unconscious. People ask me if I remember them talking to me? I don't remember. I watch the play over and over and over. The only word that comes to mind is Blackout.


Blackout. It's announced over the intercom. It's supposed to be a good thing. It's supposed to get people to want to come to the games. But it's nerve-racking to me. I don't sleep all week, a constant anxiety feeling in the pit of my stomach. The more "blacked-out" the crowd is... means the bigger the game is. Blackout means big game, which means anxiety all week. Blackout.


Blackout. comes from drinking too much. I can't imagine having that many problems that the escape is to drink it away. I sure don't want to black out from this. Blackout.




2 comments:

  1. wow. honestly this post knocked the wind out of me. nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. wow. wow. This seriously hit me so hard. This is an incredible take on the blackout post. Well done.

    ReplyDelete