Sunday, November 22, 2015

The one that got away

They say it will stop
they say the pain will ease with time.

False, I will forever be frozen on the 50 yard line looking up...
17-14.. game over
They say Its just a game. There is more to life
But its over.
the game was my life, My life was the game.
Hours to days, days to weeks, weeks to months and months to years.
Its done. I'm done.

They say that I couldn't of done anything. They say that I did all that I could.
They say that I left it on the field. I did.
But that doesn't change 17-14
A loss.
We let you down. I'm sorry.

I'm sorry Talmage. I worked with you countless hours. I know what this meant to you

I'm sorry shawn carter. 509.3 days working for it. all for 2nd place. I'm sorry

They say it will stop
They say the pain will ease with time.
We rode out for the last time... All our work, all our memories, everything... ended with 17-14

Its only been 3 days and I'm already reminiscing.
Saturday mornings 10 AM. We were putting in the work.
We put in champions work. We worked for a ring. Brothers.. Everyone of us
We talked about it since we were 12
WE TALKED ABOUT IT SINCE WE WERE 12!!!!
Failed.

Its over. just like that, we failed. for that I am sorry.
17-14





1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you guys. No matter what the score ended up being, You played so hard and are worth celebrating.

    ReplyDelete